For this major project, I will be collaborating with Sarah Prestwidge to make a resource for education. In the coming weeks, we will blog ongoing reflections and documentation as part of our project.
Below is the initial brainstorming Sarah and I came up with.
What people would need?
- Rhythm/ear training apps
- On-screen instruments
- Notion/NotateMe/other notation
- Sound manipulation
- Instrument tutorials
Applications that exist (iPhone market):
- Music theory for beginners
- Musicnotes Decks: Flash Cards
- Music Resources – Theory, worksheets & Flashcards
- Notes! – Learn to read music
- Learn to read music for kids
- Music theory video tutor
- MSO learn
- Music Tutor Free (sight reading improver)
- Piano notes
- ClefTutor Free
- Music Theory with Audio
- Voice recorder
- Jam Multi-tool (choose key, and teaches how to play on guitar or piano- chord chart)